One of my favorite scenes in ‘How I Met Your Mother’ is when they show us how Barney meets Ted, by plopping down in the booth next to him, and proclaiming, ‘I’m going to teach you how to live!’. Well, we might not be able to teach you how to live, but we can teach you to travel. We’ve picked up a few tips and tricks over the years that have made our lives significantly easier, and we feel like it is our duty to share those with you.
1. We always pack our itinerary and a change of clothes in a carry on. You never know when luggage might get lost!
2. You can’t take drinks through security, but food is fine! This is an easy way to save big bucks in an airport.
3. Airbnb and VRBO are great ways to save money on extended trips. A lot of times you’ll have a full kitchen!
4. Redeeming miles? Check back often, and be willing to fly and non peak times to get the most bang for your buck!
5. Having a detailed itinerary of your trip before you go will save you A LOT of money, because you’ll be able to budget accordingly.
6. Yelp, and travel blogs, will help you find some of the best, most memorable meals while traveling.
7. Embrace street food! It’s usually cheap, filling, and flavorful.
8. Pack earplugs! Even if you think you’re a heavy sleeper, you never know when you’ll need them.
9. Eat at local restaurants when you travel. It’ll make your experience more cultural and delicious.
10. Bundle airfare with hotels and a rental car; you’ll find some great deals.
David and I love to travel – we love it so much that we’ve made it into a job. We love to encourage people to go, see, explore, and do. The world is a beautiful place, and it’s full of adventure, and waiting for you to write your own stories of your own travel mishaps. We hope some of our travel tips make your adventures easier, as you enjoy all the world has to offer!